Everything which you Should Know About the Non-Functional Testing Systems
Non functional testing is considered to be one of the best possible ways of ensuring that every crucial component of the software development process has been tested and consumer satisfaction will be easily guaranteed at the end. It will always help in making sure that everything will be matching with the standards and requirements of the whole process. Below in this article, we will cover Everything which you Should Know About the Non-Functional Testing Systems.
Non-functional testing will always be referred to as the type of testing which will analyze the aspects and components of the software application which is not directly connected with any of the defined user actions of the functions. It will always concentrate on the non-functional aspects of the performance, compatibility, security, usability, and several other kinds of things that are not tested under functional testing. This particular type of testing is very easily performed to ensure that system behaviors in proper accordance with the overall concept.
Following are some of the very significant components which are taken care of in the whole process of non-functional testing:
- How the applications will behave as well as perform under the normal conditions?
- How the applications will behave if a large number of users will log in simultaneously?
- What is the level of stress an application can handle?
- How much is the application secure?
- How the application is robust enough?
- How the application will show different kinds of behavior patterns?
- What are the documents which will accompany the application and will make it easy to understand?
Following are some of the very basic points that are highlighting the importance of non-functional testing:
- Whenever the non-functional testing will not be undertaken or in the absence of this particular type of testing the concerned people will always be very much unsure about the ability of application in terms of handling the massive traffic.
- The application will always become very much slow if this particular type of testing has not been undertaken because it can even crash in the worst-case scenario.
- If the application has not been tested properly it can be very easily misused by unauthorised parties which could easily crack the data entered by the uses of the application.
- This particular type of testing is very much important as functional testing is important because it will directly ensure a higher level of security and will establish the reliability of the application very well.
- It will also help in ensuring that the application has been developed with the help of a robust framework and there is proper compatibility of the application with several kinds of devices along with user-friendliness.
- There are different kinds of non-functional testing being taken by the organizations for example performance testing, load testing, stress testing, security testing, compatibility testing, usability testing, endurance testing, disaster recovery testing, portability testing, user interface testing, documentation testing, and several other kinds of related things.
Hence, the whole comprehensive concept of non-functional testing is a very crucial component of the whole software testing process and none of the testing processes can be considered complete without it because it will always help in ensuring that the application of the product behavior is very much acceptable and is in complete line with the needs and requirements of the business organizations. Hence, non-functional testing will always require strategic decisions as well as planning on the behalf of people to implement things perfectly and ensure that the right kind of goals is very easily achieved. This particular aspect is very much important to ensure that the eventual goals of launching the perfect applications to the market are very easily and efficiently achieved by the organizations.