Quick Fix: How to Can Solve issue Avast High CPU Usage?
How to Fix High CPU usage of AVAST
If you are facing a problem of high disk use of AVAST, then it can be a frustrating experience for the users. If you realize that your AVAST is using a lot of memory storage, and you cannot save your necessary files on your computer, then we are here to help you to fix this issue of high CPU usage of AVAST. After seeing that AVAST uses 100 disks then you are supposed to check the AVAST behavior memory shield. There are lots of possible factors making you encounter the problem of high disk usage of AVAST.
Optimistically, in this article, we are going to resolve the issue of the High Disk Usage of AVAST. The comprehensible and easy to implement instructions will be given in the article to let you resolve the issue of High CPU usage of AVAST. We believe you will find the article helpful.
What is AVAST antivirus?
AVAST is a short term for Anti-Virus Advanced-Set
AVAST is a wonderful and astonishing app used for various purposes including removal of viruses from your system, threats scan, and provides automatic updates regarding security issues to your PC. Apart from being a useful tool, it has some drawbacks as well. One of the drawbacks is the high CPU usage. The experience is so frustrating that one has to uninstall the AVAST from the PC.
One of the other reasons folks face the issue is poorly-configured settings of your system or maybe the window registry that is not regular. Other than that, you can check ntoskrnl.exe which utilizes a huge amount of disc space. If you are experiencing the same problem, No worries, we are here to help you out regarding the issue.
How to Resolve the High CPU Usage of AVAST problem. Try out the following methods to fix the problem.
- Update AVAST as soon as possible
- Remove the AVAST clean up tool.
- Use the command prompt tool to free the space
- Check to see whether the AVAST screensaver scanning is disabled. If it is Enabled then disable it.
- Repair AVAST from the control panel.
- Use the Registry feature.
Sometimes, you face the issue of High CPU usage of AVAST because your installed AVAST is not updated. So, in that case, you need to update your AVAST to resolve the issue. You can update virus and antivirus definitions. If you want to try this method to fix the issue then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Double click on AVAST to open it in your system.
- Click on settings.
- First, click on the General tab, and click on the update tab.
- Following this, you can press the button General, then click on the “Update” tab.
- After this, you are prompted to view the two update buttons, One of these buttons is concerned with the virus update. While the other one functions to update the program itself. Both of the programs can be updated. You must feel relaxed during the whole process as it takes time to complete all steps to fix this issue.
- After completion of all steps, check whether the issue is resolved.
Resolving the Issue of High Disk Usage Through Command Prompt
One of the possible reasons behind the high CPU usage is the repeated scanning in the background that can cause the issue of High Disk Usage. So, in case, if this is creating the problem then you need to reduce the frequency of background scanning that can potentially reduce the AVAST usage of disc space. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue by using the method of “Command Prompt”.
- Press the Windows +R and input cmd, next press enter.
- Apply command prompt as admin.
- Input the command of C:\ ProgramData\AvastSoftware\Avast.
- Then, press the enter button.
- It will move you to the folder to let you perform more required functions.
- Go to the avast5.ini file, then add the following command [GrimeFighter]: ScanFrequency=999.
- Save the file and reboot your computer.
Now, check whether the tried method fixes the issue or not. If the issue persists then you need to follow an alternative method.
Check if the AVAST screensaver is Enabled
Assuredly, the AVAST screensaver running in the background may cause the problem of High CPU usage of AVAST. Although, it’s not visible to you. So, in that case, you need to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.
- Right-click randomly on any file you want to scan.
- Select the file with AVAST in the context menu.
- A scan result list window appears where you can see all the scans working currently.
- Add the “Avast Screensaver” and tap on the “stop” button present beside the stop process.
- Now, you can check whether the issue of High CPU usage of AVAST is fixed.
Resolve the issue by using the “Clean-up Tool”
You can use the “ AVAST clean up tool” to free the disc space covered by the background implementing app to let you resolve the issue of “Higher CPU usage of AVAST. It is a real-time scanner and assists you to resolve the said issue. If your AVAST clean-up tool is not operating then you can reinstall it and uninstall the existing non-functional clean-up tool. Follow the steps below to do that.
- Double-click on AVAST to open it.
- Go to settings and click on the “Components” tab.
- Now, click on the “Downward Facing Arrow”, present with components tab.
- Next, you will see the option to remove the “Avast Clean-up”. Then click on the “Uninstall a component” and click on OK to confirm the process of un-installation.
- Reboot your PC, and check whether the issue of Higher CPU usage of AVAST.
Fix the issue through Control Panel
If none of the solutions mentioned above working then repair the Control Panel. This is the most reliable method to resolve the issue of High CPU usage of AVAST as claimed by many users. Before applying this procedure, you should log in to your system as an administrator.
- Click on Window + R, go to the “Control Panel” and then hit the button “Enter”.
- After using Windows 10, then click on the gear icon to open “Settings”.
- After “ Control Panel” opens, choose its view as “Category” present at the top-right corner.
- Then, click on the uninstall a program.
- Tap on the option of apps, it will appear a list of installed programs on your PC.
- Select the “Avast” from the list and click the button to uninstall.
- An uninstall wizard will be opened with two options of Remove or Repair.
- Click on the option of “Repair” and click on “Next” to uninstall the program.
- Confirm the complete process. AVAST will be restarted using the default settings that worked before the error began to take place.
- Finish when you are done with uninstalling the procedure, let the program get installed completely.
- Restart your PC.
You can check whether the issue of High CPU usage of AVST is resolved. If it persists then you can try out the following method.
Fix the Issue through the Registry Feature
High CPU usage of AVAST can create problems for you, so to resolve the issue, we introduce you to a “Registry Feature” to help you fix the issue.
We are going to describe an “easy to use” method of the “Registry feature” to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below to implement that procedure.
- Move over to the Command Prompt as you enter Windows+R options by clicking and holding these buttons.
- Type the keyword “Regedit”
- Press the enter button.
- Follow the path given below into your system.
System path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management’
Add the file ClearPageFileAtShutDown and change its values to 1.
Reboot your PC and check whether the Higher Usage of AVAST issue gets fixed. Finally, it is supposed to get fixed.
We are optimistic that you have liked the article and your issue must be resolved by using the above-mentioned tricks. If you have any queries or suggestions then don’t hesitate and use the comment section to share your suggestions and questions.