How To Check Resolution Of Monitor?
For knowing the quality of the display, you must know about your monitor’s resolution. An estimated number of pixels on the screen is known as the resolution of the screen.
The quality of made is directly dependent on the number of pixels. If the pixels are in a high range, your text or image will appear better and if your screen is running low pixel resolution then you’ll definitely receive a low-quality display.
Monitor’s resolution and the video card that is being installed in your system determine the quality of display. The two factors actually play an essential role in offering a better view of the screen. Different operating systems are running on different resolution limits and these operating systems are by default set up at the best resolution they can support. Whereas, you may also have an option to overclock the resolution as per your display preferences.
In this article, you’ll learn about the resolution of your display screen on different operating systems and simple steps to overclock your monitor’s resolution settings. To know more about digital trends and tech updates you can visit our site TechTrada. A best reviews & blogging site related to tech trends.
Different Methods To Check Resolution Of Monitor
Method: 1 Check Your Screen Resolution on Windows
- On your empty desktop screen, click right with your mouse or any other pointing device, a menu will pop up in front of you
- Choose the required display settings
- A display settings panel will be opened on your desktop.
- You’ll see your current resolution in this window. A “recommended” option will appear on the screen/.
- Click on next, you are using the highest possible resolution for your display unit.
Note: For multiple display screens, you’ll see the option listed at the top of the right panel. Choose the display whose resolution you want to check.
Have a look at the resolution option that your display & video card supports. In case if you don’t see these options it means it is not supported by your video card or maybe your monitor.
- Select any other resolution from the menu( this is optional to choose), if you are using the recommended resolution that is the best way to go.
Tips: Please note that you may encounter issues like blur screen, stretched or unclear image if you’ll go with the resolution option that is not recommended.
After you have done with the resolution settings, it’ll be applied automatically. A pop-up message will appear that will confirm whether you want to keep these settings or not. If the new settings don’t look good, you can select “No” to revert the settings.
If your screen turns black after changing your resolution settings then these settings will not work on your monitor and after a few seconds, your display will be back to its original display.
Method: 2 Check Your Screen Resolution on Mac
- Click on the Apple menu
- choose About this Mac to check
- press the Displays tab. Check out the tab at the top of the window.
- Find the resolution for your display.
Note: You’ll see the resolution option after the size of the display like it’ll be written as (27-inch (1920×1080)), so, the resolution is enclosed in brackets. For multiple display units connected to your MAC operating system, the resolution of each display will be shown in the list.
- Select the option “Display Preferences”, for making changes in your resolution option. You’ll find this button in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
For your ease, the MAC operating system will determine your display preferences and set the best resolution for you.
- 5. For choosing a different resolution select the scaled (These settings are optional to modify if you are ok with your default resolution)
Tips: you can modify your resolution from the scales option. This will enlist all possible resolution options that are being supported by your monitor and video card. If any, if the option is not in the list that means it is not supported by either your display unit or your installed video card.
- 6. If you want to change the resolution just for the second monitor just press & click on the option key from the scaled option.
These resolutions will be implemented instantly. To determine if the settings are supported by your screen or not you’ll see that your screen will turn darker instead of showing the result of new changes, which means your display will not support these changes. So, after a few seconds, your screen will be back to its original settings or you may press the ESC key from your keyboard to get it back to its previous form.
In case if the system doesn’t get back to the original position you may reboot your system in Safe Mode. Or you can reset the resolution settings. Follow these steps to reset :
- Go to Apple menu
- Click the system preferences
- Choose Display option & Click on Display Tab
- Select Default display to reset the resolution
- Reboot your system in Normal mode. ly.
Method: 3 Check Your Screen Resolution on Your Chromebook
- Click on the Time option from the right corner at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the Gear Icon from the menu.
- Check the Chromebook setting that will be displayed on the screen.
- At the left panel of Chromebook display settings, click on the Device tab.
- You’ll see a resolution option. In the drop-down menu, you’ll see your current Resolution on the screen.
Tips: For changing your resolution settings, click on the menu & select another resolution option. Your new resolution setting will be instantly shown in preview & spontaneously a message will also be displayed on your screen asking you about the new resolution settings if you want to keep it. So, if you want to keep these settings click on continue the settings. Or if you don’t want to keep those settings, cancel the option. Your screen will suddenly be back to its original settings.
Now, I have described in detail methods on How To Check the Resolution Of Monitor. No matter which type of operating system you are using, the above-mentioned methods will definitely benefit you in finding the right resolution for your device. Setting up the right resolution of your screen will offer you better display results!