How to Download Betting Apps on Android Devices
If you’re looking for sports betting app so you can place a bet on the latest Indian Premier League matches today, you probably already know that many of the popular apps aren’t available to download on Google Play Store.
For a long time, Google has had strict rules in place when it comes to any real money gambling-related apps on its platform but last year, the company has had a change of heart. Gambling apps are now allowed in the following places:
Brazil, France, Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Finland, Colombia, Sweden, Germany, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Romania, Spain, and the United States. However, if you’re looking for the best casino apps for real money, even if you’re from any of these locations, many apps are still not available on the Play Store.
This is because even if they are allowed on the platform, Google has strict requirements in place to allow betting apps on the platform and so, many operators are still choosing to distribute their apps on their official sites instead.
Here’s what gambling operators should consider if they want their casino and betting apps available on Google Play Store:
- The developer must complete the application process and comply with all applicable laws and industry standards for each country where the app will be distributed.
- The operator should have a valid gambling license and the places where the app will be distributed should have no ban on real money online gaming implemented.
- The operator is not allowed to offer gambling services that exceed the scope of its license
- The app should not allow under-age users to access the app
- The app must be free to download on Google Play. It’s also not allowed to use Google Play In-app Billing.
- The app must be rated AO (Adult Only) or IARC equivalent
- The app and its app listing must display information about responsible gambling.
Installing a Betting App
While downloading an app directly from the Play Store is very much fast and convenient, doing so from the official website of a bookie is also pretty quick and easy. If you’re unsure of what to do, we’re here to help you out. Here are the easy steps you can follow to download and install a betting app on your Android device:
- Go to the official download page of the betting app you’d like to download
- Look for the button to download the Android “apk” file and click on it
- When the download is complete, tap on the file and hit “Install”
- A notification that you need to permit to install the app from unknown sources will appear. If you receive this, just tap on the option to change your preferred way to install an app.
- Tick check the box to enable installation from unknown sources and once that’s done, just tap on the “Install” again. The app should then start to install on your mobile device.
- If you don’t encounter any notifications when you tap install, just wait for the installation to finish and you’re good to go.
You can also enable or disable the installation of apps from unknown sources before you download any app outside Google Play Store. Just go to your phone settings and tap on Security. Scroll down until you find “Unknown Sources” and check the box to “allow installation from unknown sources”.
Punters who have iPhone or any iOS device won’t have to go through this process. Apple already allows gambling companies on the App Store as long as the app does not run on HTML5. This was a change that Apple implemented a few years back.
This means that a dedicated app should be made for iOS users and since this has been the case for a while now, many betting companies have already made a move to have iOS-friendly native apps.
Some of the Best Betting Apps Today
With the popularity of mobile usage and sports betting today, many bookies are starting to focus on the mobile market. That said, you have plenty of options when it comes to sports betting apps which can be overwhelming. Here are some of the most popular betting apps that we think you should give a try:
- Betway – Wide variety of sports betting odds
- 10CRIC – Best for cricket betting and Indian players
- Parimatch – Also offers virtual sports, live casino, and instant games
- Bet365 – Huge variety of sports to bet on and also offers in-play betting
- BetMGM – Best for NHL and NBA Betting and parlays