How to Fix Kodi Won’t Open Error (Latest)
How to Fix Kodi Won’t Open Error: In the event that Kodi can’t open on Windows, it is generally a sign that something has turned out badly. This issue regularly happens after clients have refreshed Windows or Kodi to the most recent rendition, or in the wake of introducing some additional items. This issue has additionally connected with freezing issues when you attempt to leave Kodi and various other minor issues.
What is Kodi?
Previously known as XBMC, Kodi is the free and predictable media player that upholds a wide range of music and video on all Windows working frameworks like Windows 7, 8, and 10, is non-benefit and means to give you incalculable sources.
Whenever you get the Kodi box set. You can download different TV shows and motion pictures that transfer recordings as per your desires. In any case, there are dependably blunders while utilizing Kodi, for instance when Kodi 17.3 accidents. You should eliminate the Kodi that isn’t open or Kodi is open, however a video stammering blunder at the earliest opportunity.
How to Fix Kodi Won’t Open Error
1. Update DirectX
DirectX has been created by Microsoft windows and predominantly upholds interactive media undertakings, including games and recordings. Assuming there are issues, you can’t watch recordings or mess around.
- Prior to downloading the most recent variant of DirectX. You should check the current rendition of DirectX introduced on your PC.
- On your console, press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) all the while to call up the run order. Type dxdiag, then click OK. This opens the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Whenever the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window opens, you will see the DirectX variant in the System tab. In the following screen capture, the DirectX rendition is DirectX 12.
2. Kodi Update
The engineers behind the Kodi Media Player are positively a useful gathering, with the more extensive local area. Refreshes are continuous, particularly assuming you have enrolled for the beta rendition, and the most basic issues are fixed after the updates.
The most recent stable form is 17.4 Krypton, so ensure you get it assuming that you have previously done as such. The overhaul cycle is basically equivalent to the migration interaction, for certain distinctions.
- This guide will tell you the best way to redesign Kodi to v17.4 Krypton:
- Save your settings. Explore to C: Users > AppData > Roaming and save the Kodi organizer.
- Download the establishment of Kodi v17.4 Krypton.
- Right-click on the establishment record and run it as an overseer.
- At last, begin Kodi and check for changes.
3. Reset Kodi to factory settings
Reestablishing Kodi in industrial facility settings is done through a module called Indigo. This is a support module that you can use to determine a wide range of Kodi-related issues. This is the way to reset Kodi to plant settings utilizing Indigo:
- In the first place, make a point to introduce Indigo. You can check how it’s finished by tapping the connection we gave previously.
- On the home screen, you will see a choice called ‘Industrial facility Restore’. Click on it.
- You will be inquired as to whether you need to play out this activity, so go on with ‘Yes’.
- Whenever everything is done, restart Kodi and import your media library indeed.
4. Cripple Hardware Acceleration
Gear speed increment has been known to make Kodi misfire. To truly see this, have a go at debilitating gear speed expansion in Kodi:
- Click on the stuff image to go to the settings menu.
- Click on Player Settings.
- In the base left corner, triple-click the stuff image to change the mode from Standard to Expert.
- Include the Video tab, then, in the Processing region on the right, uncheck Allow Hardware Acceleration – DXVA2.
- Restart Kodi and affirm that Kodi is as of now running.
5. Delete the extension file
There is a document that follows the addons you added to the Kodi program. On the off chance that the initial issue has brought about by an addon you as of late added, erasing a specific Kodi record should open Kodi, and you can erase the addon and keep on utilizing Kodi accurately! Follow these means:
Explore the following area on your PC by opening Windows Explorer and tapping on the PC symbol in the left menu:
- In the event that you can’t see the AppData organizer, you might have to empower the choice to see stowed away documents and envelopes. In the File Explorer menu, click the View tab and snap the Hidden Items really look at the box.
- Show/Hide segment. The File Explorer shows the secret records and recalls this choice until you transform it once more.
- Erase the Addons27.db envelope in the Database organizer. Assuming you get a message that a few documents couldn’t erased in light of the fact that they were utilized, have a go at leaving Kodi and finishing the interaction in the Task Manager.
- Ensure that the organizers have totally erased and that there have no more documents left.
- Check to assume that the Kodi issue perseveres after the PC restarts.
I want to believe that you comprehend this article How to Fix Kodi Won’t Open Error’ Issue, on the off chance that your response is no, you can ask anything by means of contact discussion area connected with this article.