Instagram is used worldwide and millions of pictures are being uploaded daily. Maybe you’re following a fashion page and you’re using Instagram on PC; you find a picture and wish to save it. You right-click on it and couldn’t find the save image option. This means you’ve got to find other ways to save pictures from Instagram on PC.
Using Instagram on PC today has evolved to a completely different phase. Various new features have been added while some have been removed. One of those features is the ability to save pictures from Instagram on PC.
This feature has been removed due to copyright reasons (specifically) and even more. This means people using Instagram on PC won’t find the ‘save image’ option from the image menu. This in turn prompts users to find other ways to save pictures from Instagram on PC.
Fortunately, there’s good news attached to the scenario. The good news is that there are other ways to go about saving pictures from Instagram on PC. This is exactly what we’ll be looking into in this article.
We’ll be looking into different methods to save pictures from Instagram on PC as well as how to save pictures you have published on Instagram and how to enable automatic saving of pictures on Instagram. Read on to know more.
Whether you need those Instagram pictures for your personal use or you need them for your next project or you wish to show a friend the latest style you find on Instagram. Here’s how to save pictures from Instagram on PC.
How to Save Pictures from Instagram on PC
There are different ways to save pictures from Instagram on PC. However, there are two main prerequisites to help you successfully save Instagram images on PC.
- A PC with a browser app installed on it
- An Internet Connection
- An Instagram Login Details
Having got those three things ready, checkout different methods to save pictures from Instagram on PC below;
Method 1: Take A Screenshot
This is one easy and fastest way to save images on Instagram. Just as how taking screenshots is easy on a phone, that’s also how easy it is to take screenshots on PC to save pictures from Instagram. Here’s how to go about it.
To take screenshots on PC, you can use the PrintScreen key on your keyboard or use a third-party screenshotting app.
To use the Printscreen Key, Follow the steps below;
- Open the picture you want to save from Instagram. (Ensure it is on your screen opened)
- Without doing any other thing after the first step, hit the print screen key on your keyboard to take a screenshot of what is on your screen (including the picture)
- After using the PrintScreen key on your keyboard, run a picture editing app (e.g. paint) on your PC and paste the screenshotted picture.
- Crop the picture to your taste and save it as jpg or png.
At this stage, you have successfully saved a picture from Instagram. Let’s now look into another way to screenshot on your PC using a third-party screenshotting app.
The Snipping tool app usually on all windows PC is the most used screenshoting app and can help you save Instagram images with ease on your PC. To do this, follow the steps below:Difference Between HDD and SSD
For Windows PC:
- Open the Instagram picture you want to save
- Open the Snipping Tool app on your PC. You can find the snipping tool by hitting the start/ windows button on your PC and typing “snipping tool” in the search bar underneath.
- Adjust your Snipping Mode depending on how you want to pick the picture; then, click ‘New’
- Select the area of the image you want to snip.
- Click on the Save Snip button; Input the file name and hit save.
Open the Instagram picture you want to save
Press and Hold down Shift + Command + 4
Drag to select the area of the image you need to capture.
After taking the screenshot, find the image saved as a .png file on your desktop.
Method 2: Save Via Page Source
If you want to save the image without it losing quality, try saving it from the page source. Here’s how to do it.
1. log in to Instagram and locate the picture you want to save
2. Click the three dots in horizontal format at the top right side of the picture.
3. Click go to post ‘Copy Link’
4. Right-click and click on the view page source option
5. Under the ‘View Source’ window pane, press CTRL + F (for windows PC) or Command + F (for Mac) and type in “.jpg”
6. Find the first link with the .jpg suffix and copy it
The first URL to appear is usually the image you want to save (highlighted below). If not, then you may need to try other links with the .jpg suffix.
7. Paste the URL into another tab on your browser to open the full picture.
8. Right-click on the image and click “save image as”; the image will be downloaded to your PC’s local storage.
Method 3: Save Instagram Pictures using online tools
This is another easy way to save pictures from Instagram on PC. first and arguably, the most easy-to-use method is by utilizing an online tool to download the photo. This is essentially a website dedicated to grabbing images from an Instagram post that you can download later.
All you need to do is copy and paste the post URL from the address bar into one of these websites:
SSSInstagram — allows you to choose image resolution
IGDownloader — has a user-friendly interface, supports video, photo, and IGTV
InstaOffline — plain and simple
Inflact — can download photo, video, profile, stories, IGTV, reels, and profile picture
Method 4: Save photos using Imageye extensions
Imageye is my favorite extension when it comes to saving images that are otherwise very difficult to download. It can scan a web page and provide you with the download link for each detected image. Furthermore, check out the guide below to use Imageye to download Instagram photos.
1. Go to Imageye on Chrome Webstore and hit Add to Chrome (Click Add to Chrome). The same extension is also released on Firefox.
2. Click Add extension.
3. Once installed, expand the Extensions menu and pin Imageye. This will enable ease of use later.
4. Open the Instagram picture you want to save
5. Click on the Imageye icon to scan for pictures and hit the download button when it comes up to save the pictures.
6. Now the image has been saved to your computer.
Imageye can also work on a post with multiple images in it. Simply scroll down a little to see them.
How to Download All Instagram Images on Mobile?
If you’re using Instagram on mobile and you want to download images to your mobile device, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Go to your page settings. You can get there by clicking on the three horizontal lines at the top right-hand side of your screen. You’ll then see a Settings button in the lower right-hand part of the side menu.
- Under Menu, tap on Security.
- Scroll to Data and history section and tap on Download data.
- Input your email address if it’s not there already, then tap Request Download.
- Input your password and click Next.
- Tap Done to finish.
After some time, you’ll receive an email with your Instagram photos, stories, and videos.
Alternative Method is by using a third-party Instagram download app/website
You can use third-party app/software to save Instagram images on your device. This software only allows downloading the images individually and manually. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Go to the picture you want to save and tap on the three vertical dots to open the Menu.
- Under Menu, Choose the Copy link option.
- Open the third-party Instagram image downloader on your phone’s browser.
- Simply paste the link you copied and tap on Download/ Download Image.
The picture will download to your default local storage download folder.
Now the photo will download in your default local storage download folder.
Can I Automatically Save Pictures I Post on Instagram?
Yes, you can save pictures you post on Instagram. If you want to do this, you have to enable the feature in your Instagram settings. Follows the steps to do it below;
- Launch the Instagram app on your device and log in
- Open Menu by tapping on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your screen
- Under the menu, go to Settings
- Tap on Account, and then original photos
- Under original photos, toggle on the button to enable (save original photos) automatic saving of the pictures you post. It will save all the pictures in the local storage of your device; precisely in a folder called Instagram in your device.
There you have four different methods to save pictures from Instagram on PC, each of the methods is sure to help you save your desired image. I hope you find this article helpful.